Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

I have my old pantech jest 2 phone and i can't get in it…

Customer Question
I have my old...

I have my old pantech jest 2 phone and i can't get in it because i forgot the pin i used

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your Jest?

Its been a few years

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Phone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

No i haven't yet , and thats the main thing is i DO NOT want to lose any data or pics

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

No just need to be able to get in my phone

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/6/2018
Cell Phone Technician: Harry, Cell Phone Salesperson replied 4 months ago
Harry, Cell Phone Salesperson

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

i do
  1. Press Power button to switch on device.
  2. Open phone's Dialer by tapping Call key.
  3. Type in one of this code's: *01763*737381#
  4. Next confirm Factory reset operation by clicking green Call key again
where does the one code end and the other begin

Sorry, the entire thing is the code. Type it all.

i did and it just says your phone is locked
its a pantech jest 2 with version ...... and is not an active phone also its been off for a couple years now

Please try the code one more detail because that is the only reset code available

Make sure that you are using the phone dialer (keypad) and not entering it into the pin box.

i tried three times

i did , as if i was making a phone call. nothing happens when i just enter it so i try hitting the green call button after and it says your phone is locked

Are you pretending to call that number?

basically
i know some codes work , because i was able to pull my imei number by punching in a code just like that one but shorter

The default pin is the last 4 digits of that phone number. Have you tried that?

i did
i tried the last four of the phone number it used to be

Once you type in the code from earlier, you should see a factory reset option on the LCD screen.

did you double check the code?
to make sure its correct?

Yes, that is the only code available.

Unfortunately, it is an old phone and there is only one reset code out there.

there are no other options?

The only other reset option requires access to the phone and going through the settings.

why would that code not work?

I am not sure -- I can only provide you with the available code for that phone.

It is an older outdated phone so it could be an older code that doesn't work but it is the only code out there at the moment.

I'm still going to be charged if we can't get it to work ?

I do not handle payment information but this is a paid service. I am only a technician here.

can you please see if you can find any other way around it

As I mentioned, it is an old and outdated basic phone.

There are no other ways around it other than the code that I provided to you. Please understand that I am limited in what I can provide you based upon the information out there.

if i do a hard reset , it will delete everything on the phone ?

Yes

is there another way i can pull all the pics off the phone while its locked ?

Unfortunately, no.

Harry, Cell Phone Salesperson