Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

Having trouble with a mobile phone connection issue. The…

Customer Question
Having trouble with a...

Having trouble with a mobile phone connection issue

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your phone?

The problem isn’t WiFi, it’s when I call my girlfriend, it just rings, 10+ times, then VM. She has no idea I’m calling, unless I text her. She does NOT have me blocked. I’m Sprint, on a Samsung Note5, she’s Verizon, on an iPhone 4s.

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, tablet, etc.) connecting to the router?

Cellular, not WiFi, prob is not internet related

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that Verizon has done a check on their end, they say it’s not their network or her phone settings...

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
12/30/2017
Cell Phone Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The problem is at your girlfriend's end, I suspect. If she had you blocked, you would know it, and it would not behave that way, so I agree: your number is ***** blocked.

Have Sprint do a check on their end, with regard to a Sprint-calling-Verizon network interrelations problem.

And be doubly sure you are dialing her number correctly - it might go through to her voicemail if dialed slightly incorrectly, e.g. with a 1- prefix that is not necessary, or the like 'dialing incorrectly' - I don't mean that you don't have her number correct, of course not. But more the prefixes/presentation aspect of how the number is ***** dialed. (If dialing it without a 1- prefixed, try adding one.)

Another thing: If she has fancy 'ringtone for an individual number', have her check that you ringtone for your number, on her iPhone, is actually not muted/soundless/no-ringtone/disabled. That would do or produce exactly the problem in question... and Verizon may not have thought of something so simple.

(If you need guidance as to where she should check in the iPhone's Settings, let me know, and I will give you instructions.)

Russell H., Service Tech