Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

My phone will not ring or vibrate with incoming calls,

Customer Question
My phone will not...

My phone will not ring or vibrate with incoming calls

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone?

Samsung

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Samsung phone? What have you tried so far?

2 or three days. I have tried settings, and check to see if I have up to date service.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Guess not

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
12/22/2017
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question. Please remember to rate my help today by clicking 5 stars at the top of the page before you leave the session today. Allow me a moment to look over your question

Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

It is likely that your sound profile was accidentally set to alerts ALL OFF can you check this for me please? If you need instructions please let me know

I need instructions
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

go to settings, then profile then set to general mode

If this doesn't apply to your phone, let me know WHICH Samsung you have please?

model number SM-S320VL samsung
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Thankyou, just one moment

Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

You can switch between sound modes, while preserving the

individual sound settings you have made.

1. From a Home screen, tap key with 9 dots on it then the button with a gear or cog on it

2. Tap Sounds and vibrations > Sound mode, and then choose a

mode:

Sound: Use the sounds, vibrations, and volume levels you

have chosen in Sound settings for notifications and alerts.

Vibrate: Vibrate for notifications and alerts. This uses the

Vibration intensity you choose in Sound settings.

Mute: Mute all sounds and notifications.

Settings

Apps >

149

Sounds and Vibrations

Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Set the system volume level and default volume for call ringtones,

notifications, and other audio.

1. From a Home screen, tap button with 9 dots then APPS> settings button

2. Tap Sounds and vibrations > Volume and drag the sliders to set

the default volume for:

Ringtone

Media

Notifications

System

Still not working
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Ok so all your setting that you have gone thru are already set to full on and that includes the volume control correct?

Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

under sounds and vibrations you will see do not disturb, is this set to ON?

no, it is off
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

WOW.... Those are the ONLY settings that control your volume on that phone... No other setting can change your phone apart from the ones we just went through

The only thing you can do at this point is completely reset the phone to factory because either the software is not functioning correctly or the hardware is malfunctioning

thanks, ***** ***** tried that before I got on this site
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Sorry my friend, it MUST be a hardware issue.... You tried a software update also?

no, I did not do that
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Ok from the home screen tap 9 dots then settings icon, then click on check for updates

Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

I'm very sorry but if there is no update available, I have tried everything possible to help you get fixed up... There isn't anything left to try after this... I recommend you get a new phone or if its under warranty you are 100% covered on this issue.

I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating for my very best efforts to help you today and exhausting all our options to the max so I can be paid for all my time,

I would appreciate it very much.... If you have any questions please let me know

Michael T
Michael T
Michael T