Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

I put in my fingerprint into my i phone, and now it asks me…

Customer Question
I put in my...

I put in my fingerprint into my i phone, and now it asks me for an ID to get started. I thought the fingerprint would do and I would not need to first put in an ID that is could not find. Now, nothing works and I need my 'phone and its contents.Please call and help. Allen Brodsky(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I do not know. My e-mail is***@******.***. i BOUGHT THIS TELEPHONE AT A VERIZON STORE IN SALISBURY ON JUNE 27, 2017, AND IT IS THE FIRST APPLE 'PHONE I HAVE HAD. CAN YOU GET ME MY ';PHONE BACK? ALSO, i AM 89 YEARS OLD WORKING ON MY 90TH, AND AM STILL ACTIVE IN IMPORTANT ISSUES FOR THIS NATION.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

IT HAS BEN GOING ON FOR ABOUT 4 DAYS. i HAVE TRIED SO MANY THINGS FOR HOURS. iS THERE SOME WAY YOU CAN ACTIVATE MY PHONE?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I DO NOT KNOW WHAT ELSE I CAN DO. THE LOCAL TECHS IN THE VERIZON STORE SAY I MUST CALL YOU. ALLEN(###) ###-####

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
12/21/2017
Cell Phone Technician: Richard, Technician replied 6 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

It will do this if the fingerprint is not being recognized.

The passcode you entered in when you first setup the fingerprint.

Do you recall what the passcode was?

Please let me know

I tried two ID numbers I had in my files. Neither worked. I did not need to put in the number each time I used it, because it was saved in the cellphone when I bought it at a Verizon store on June 27 in Salibury Maryland. Thanks for trying, Richard. Can you give me a telephone number to the Verizon or Apple people who do the programming, or keep customer records for service. It seems they should be able to recover the password ***** set me up with a new one based on my records. If not, they are a terrible company!!
Thanks for trying, and have happy holidays and many good years ahead. (My oldest son was named Richard and he would have been 65 last March if he had not died of kidney disease when he was 43. You must be a good man.)

Thank you for the kind words

You will have to reset the iPhone, there is no other way to remove this.

To do the reset

Connect the phone to the computer and open itunes

Hold the power and home button down until you see

"iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode..."

Click Restore Phone, let this complete and it should now work

Let me know the results please

Thank you