Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

I am in Aruba and I can't use my phone I found a store to…

Customer Question
I am in Aruba...

I am in Aruba and I can't use my phone I found a store to sell me a simcell card to unlock my phone but I need a code. Please send me a code to "Unlock" my phone so I can use it with a simcell card.

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

In the States Dec.13th 2017.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Phone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

I'm in Aruba, what Factory reset?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
12/15/2017
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question. Was your phone linked with another provider before?

No.
This the most insulting scam I've heard of!!! Either FIX THE PROBLEM or not, but YOU MAY LOOSE A CUSTOMER!!!!
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

I need more information as to your situation.. i literally have no information to work with.

Was it working fine before?

Is it new or old?

What make and model is the phone?

What company is your new SIM with?

If you can "Unblock" the phone, then Call Me!!!
The phone worked fine in the states. It is a brand new phone, the Local Aruba cell phone service was selling a simcell, that when put in the phone,could not work because "Great Calls" has the phone "BLOCKED"!!! SA unblock the phone, but don't talk to me about spending $20.00!!!
Can you "UN-BLOCK" the phone or not? If you can unblock it, can I make a call, or do I need to go but t he SIMCELL Chip? Also If I pay the $20.00 you asked for, is it refundable?
Cell Phone Technician: Harry, Cell Phone Salesperson replied 7 months ago
Harry, Cell Phone Salesperson

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer! Before we get started, it looks like you may be trying to reach another company. JustAnswer is a question and answer site and not affiliated with the company you are trying to reach. I am a certified technician and if you'd like to continue on JustAnswer, I will try my best to help you with your question. Otherwise, if you came here by mistake, let me know and the Customer Care team will reach out to you.

I haven't had cell phone usage since 12/13/2017.... I'm not paying ANYTHING, AND I WANT THE CHARGES THAT SHOWED UP ON MY ACCOUNT TO BE REVERSED! You folks have done NOTHING to provide service and help while we were in ARUBA, NOTHING!!!!
NO!!! return the money you charged to my account!!! YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING!!!!!!