Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

I have a coolpad 3200a phone and i am getting the message it…

Customer Question
I have a coolpad...

I have a coolpad 3200a phone and i am getting the message it has been rooted. I haven't done anything to the phone.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your 3200A? What have you tried so far?

About 2 days. I powered the phone off, took the battery out and left it out until today. I put the battery back and booted up. Still get the message from Lookout stating 'root access detected.'

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

This is a government phone and I am a cancer patient that needs the phone to use when i have appts. at the oncology clinic.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
12/15/2017
Cell Phone Technician: Samuel White, Cell Phone Technician replied 7 months ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Cell Phone Technician

I am Samuel and I can help you. Rooting a device is something a customer may do (not suggested) to a device to control system functions not made for them to control. If you have not done it on your own this may be caused by a 3rd party app you downloaded or a potentially malicious file or website. Have you downloaded apps on your own?

My home security app. I uninstalled the app, shutdown the phone, took the battery out and left it out for 24hrs. Placed the battery back in, booted up and still get the message to contact my provider because my cell phone has been rooted.
I cannot afford the $20.00 to call you and would rather you assist me from the website page.

If the app caused this issue it may have changed the software enough to create this error. The only issue is that typically a factory reset has to be done to get rid of software changes.

The call requests that they send are auto-generated. It is up to you if you prefer a call. I am fine helping you here via chat.

Please help me via chat
You there

That works. Are you aware that a hard reset erases all data that is not backed up?

Where are you ***** *****

are you going to help me for what i paid for?
I don't see you on chat anymore
where are you?

I am here still!

I am waiting on your response
Should I wait on my cell
I am aware