Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

Heres the problem I have a twitter caccount joanie jett71 @

Customer Question
Heres the problem...

Heres the problem I have a twitter caccount Don joanie jett71 @ Donny 2221 It is vital to me. I accidertnally hit the .com on my phone and now it gave me an email address of***@******.*** qhich is invalid. I have 2 smaller twtiiter accounts joaine jettt one at JettDG and one at Glunt Don, both are ones I want deleted as the the Don joanie jett 71 @ Donny 2221 is the only one i use. It wont let me log on to this account as email is invalid. I am not bgood at computers and this twitter account (A donny 2221 is vital to me) Please help me I have written, gone to my phone carrier, etc Please can you assist

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your Com?

About a dayy and half to 2 days ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Phone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

No I haven't but i am computer illiterate. I am friends with some major musical icons and have a number of pictures recent ly taken I am scared that i will lose those irreplaceable photographs. this seems to be a simple mistake and i hope you can help me This acccount I am trying to use, I am in contact with performers to bget demos to major stars and record labels. it has truend into a night mare due to using a phone short cut the .com button

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope I just want to get my Donny 2221 account back on track the other 2 accounts are inconsequential Thanks you for your help

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
12/13/2017
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

What type of phone do you have?

Sumsung s7 1 and 1/2 year old
than you Mike
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago

Thankyou. No problem

To be clear, you DO know your correct email and password ***** twitter correct?

I do
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago

ok so basically you need to delete the app from your phone. You will not lose any information or photos etc, it will siply delete the app ONLY. After you do that, restart your phone to start a fresh

Now download the app again and start a fresh brand new login and once logged in you will be good to go

Thanks Mike

I'm am not computer suave and know i will scrrew it up
Thanks Id rather get talked through this! Thanks again!
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago

Go to Settings-->Applications-->Manage Applications and locate Twitter app and tap on it and select "clear data" to remove all data and "clear history" to clear all history from your phone and then tap on "uninstall" to finally uninstall the app.

Id prefer doing on phone as there are three accounts I just want to keep the one account! Donny 2221
Just confirming, will somebody be able to talk to me on phone I think that would be better all around thanks
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago

I am currently having issues with my phone this evening and cannot provide that service unfortunately. Wonderful iphone 7 melt down. I can easily walk you thru this. It is your call my friend.

ok I want to keep the one account Donny 2221 that i cannot access at the moment Lets try it!
I have 500 plus followers on that account,. mostly in the music industry I do not want to lost that account that is what is making me nervous!
I trust you to talk me through this on line if you feel confident of my request Mike
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago

ok first lets take care of that business first and appreciate your trust, i will be as detailed as possible

Standby for instructions

OK
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago

Go to https://www.twitter.com and Log In using your Twitter username and password OF THE ACCOUNT YOU WISH TO DELETE.. Step 2: In the top-right corner of your browser, click on your profile picture and then click Settings. Step 3: Scroll to the bottom of the Settings page and click Deactivate my account. DO THIS FOR THE TWO ACCOUNTS YOU WANT TO DELETE

DO NOT LOGIN WITH YOUR ACCOUNT THAT YOU WANT TO KEEP AND FOLLOW THIS

Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago

Once this has been done let me know an we will do the rest on your phone

I know the new accout information, I am not sure ifi I have the old information on the two old accounts. The new account donny 2221 should just be my email***@******.*** and a miustake was made with that email.
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago

ok you will need to know the email addresses you used to create the two older accounts to be able to do anything with them. Without those you wont be able to get in again.

even if I have the 2 other accounts they woyld be inactie I just want the one account It is vital to me
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago

lets move on to the phone side. Lets get that done so that you can just login to it with your one account only after we get done

Go to Settings-->Applications-->Manage Applications and locate Twitter app and tap on it and select "clear data" to remove all data and "clear history" to clear all history from your phone and then tap on "uninstall" to finally uninstall the app

Once this is done and the app is gone. Let me know

Take your time and follow this to the T

Im at apps nd all kinds of app instructions no manage app I can find yet
app permissions, show system apps, special access reset pp preferences
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago
  1. Open your app tray.
  2. Long-press on the app (hold your finger down until you feel a feedback vibration and notice the screen has changed).
  1. Drag the app onto the Home Screen.
  2. Continue dragging to the upper left corner, where you should see a trash can and the word Uninstall.
  3. Release your finger over the Uninstall button.
I get to tthe twitter app it only says to uninstall nothing on clearing history
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago

go ahead and uninstall

Ok Uninstalling twitter
uninstalling
its gone Now what?
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago

Ok. Once that is done, restart your phone for me

1. From the home screen, tap Play Store. Note: If the shortcut is not available, tap Apps, then scroll to and tap Play Store.
  2. Find Twitter app ...
  3. Scroll to and tap an application. ...
  4. Tap INSTALL. ...
  5. The application is now installed.
  6. Once installed, sign in with your account
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago

Thankyou for your patience by the way. I really appreciate that. Its not an easy thing to lead somebody blind folded through these things. Especially when every phone is different.. Makes things very complicated even for us.

ok re starting and will go to play store to find twitter Installing twitter now It set me back to the JettDg one with 106 fpollowers I cant cant get into donny 2221 baecause of the mistake of the email***@******.***
if I search I can get each of the three accounts shown but cant get in to the one iu need to get into
If you search joanie jett 71 you will find the secure one with Donny 2221 that's the one i need
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago

It didnt delete the app data... We HAVE to delete that app data and it should have asked you when uninstalling.

1. Navigate to Apps > Settings.

2. Touch Search, then search for twitter.

3. Touch twitter app to reset.

Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago

Touch storage then touch clear data

Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago

then touch delete

I search twitter it shows no results found now
twitter is still in appps
found storage cleared dATA
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago

your awesome. Do you see a clear cache option also? we could use cleaning that too

Ill do that too
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago

once those two things are done the app should be free and clear of all your old information leaving you free to login

It just gors force srtop or uninstall now
Thats all it will let me do unless i force stop or uninstall
I just got a message saying recent log in fro @ JetJet71Dg asking me if it was me or not
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago

Ok.. I need you to uninstall the app as before and reinstall a fresh copy and this should seal the deal

OK Ill go back to apps and uninstall twitter again
OK its uninstalled Do I go back to play store again
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago

Thankyou... Once you reinstall from play store, same as last time, you will have no conflicts and should be able to login fresh and easily

Installing from play store lets see what happenes
It takes me me back to tyje tje Jet Dg one at 106 followeres
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago

We deleted all app data AND the cache. Not possible for it to have anything stored inside it anymore. We just removed it all. This makes no sense to me. In 20 years ive never seen an app retain any information within it after its been deleted and wiped clean.

Ill uninstall again and try that but if you search joanie jett 71 you will see my donny 2221 with secure lock
Now i come up withmy primary which may be the good one let me check
Nope thatd my Don Glunt one, the first one i think
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago

Ok thanks.... Im thinking so hard my brain is smoking trying to make sense of this.. Ive done everything needed to accomplish the fix..... grrrrrrrr

Id appreciate that
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago

tap on Me in the upper right corner inside twitter app, and then Settings.

Tap on Add Account. Enter your username and password ***** your additional account and the app will now be able to access that account's information.

Now, whenever you wish, go back to Me and tap on Accounts to see all Twitter accounts that you've connected. Tap any of the accounts to switch the app to use that account

Do that and we will see if we can delete the other ones and leave the primary

Im no t following you
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago

Start over

Go to settings then click on accounts

Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago

Once you open the tab you’ll instantly be met with an alphabetical list of any apps on your phone that have active accounts tied to them

Ive clicked on settings but not finding accounmts
Do you mean click on twitter again
You know if it is possible for a phone call now would e the time if possible
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago

yes if under accounts. we need to see what accounts are associated even though there shouldnt be any at this point

phone please !
Is there an estimated time that you can call Just asking I appreciate your help!
Hey Mike, I have no problem whatsoever waiting, I am just wondering possibly when it will be as I am sitting in front of this computer responding and waiting for responses. If its an hour thats great or sooner great, can you give me an ETA though
I see the note, I'll stand by and await. Will It be tonight that you may be able to get through?
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago
Very sorry. Please forgive me. I had computer issues. It will tomorrow. Or I can open this up to other experts that may have more ideas on this.
Yesd I have been waiting for a call if you can
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago
What is usually a very straight forward resolution has become quite something else. I will be logging off now until tomorrow.
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago
I’m going to opt out so others can take a look at this and give there input so you are not hanging. If I get on in the morning and you have not been helped I will continue with you and talk on the phone.
Ok what is thre I can do until then? This all stemmed from an accidental email glitch
I keep getting messages that uyou are going to call, then it says you are logging off. what should I do
Cell Phone Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago
After you clear the cache and data again, restart the phone and see if that helps. Try that a few times. There has been times it take a few tries. The phone call as is automated and we don’t have control over it unfortunately.
ok Ill try that Thanks
Thank you Mike I appreciate your help Could you note the problem to the new tech so I am not starting from scratch again with him thanks I do appreciate your efforts don
Cell Phone Technician: Harry, Cell Phone Salesperson replied 2 months ago
Harry, Cell Phone Salesperson

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Harry, Cell Phone Salesperson