Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

I have a Galaxy s7 and I got it in Oct. I had problems with…

Customer Question
I have a Galaxy...

I have a Galaxy s7 and I got it in Oct. I had problems with it from day 2. I called Verizon several times and was never offered or told about an exchange. I have been having problems at least once a week now. I would like to know if I have options of either getting an s8 or something else. I'm so tired of fighting with Verizon about this. I couldn't shut off my phone or answer a phone call or text message. I already did the resets and IT'S NOT WORKING. I'm not getting a refurbished phone because I'm paying for a brand new one. Please help...

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Galaxy?

How do I tell? I'm not sure.

Technician's Assistant: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your Galaxy? What have you tried so far?

Since day 2 of receiving the phone!!!!! Both resets, safe mode, I had 2 techs go through my phone with the assistant app and couldn't find anything.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want some serious and honest help, please.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
12/12/2017
Cell Phone Technician: Harry, Cell Phone Salesperson replied 6 months ago
Harry, Cell Phone Salesperson

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

please. I thought that's what you were doing.

Have you taken the phone into a Verizon store instead of dealing with them over the phone?

No but every time we have taken our phones in they tell us they can't help because we got online help. They're not easy to deal with.
They pretty much blow us off and won't even try.

I have never heard of that excuse before and I deal with Verizon issues daily for the past 5 years.

Have you tried a different Verizon store?

2. There is another store I can try, it's a part of Verizon. It's a branch of Verizon, Verizon authorized retailer. It's hard to explain but my daughter got a phone from there and no other store will help her.

I would recommend going back to the store where she got the phone then

That was for her phone....I'm talking about my phone, I ordered it online. And I started having problems with it 2 days after getting it and I called them. Is there anything I can do? I'm not sure if you read my problems.

Yes, I read your issue.

You will need to either call Verizon or take it into a store since they are the only ones who can swap it out for you.

That's the problem, they want to send a refurbished phone in place of a brand new one. I just got this at the end of Oct. Other then that they won't do anything.
Is there anything I can do to get a new phone since I've been having problems since day 2 of having the phone and they had records of every time I have called.

Did you call Verizon corporate?

Does that even work....really?

Of course it can work.

The power of reaching corporate or speaking over through social media is extremely underrated.

It's Verizon, who hasn't tried reaching corporate???? And I've read comments on social media, trust me, it doesn't seem to work well. Never mind, I'll try to figure something out.

You will always read both sides of the fence on any issue via social media. People who have bad experiences are more likely to complain or post than the people who have a great experience so it can look skewed if you search subjects.

I needed more then just social media or corporate. I was looking for some knowledge about Verizon and what I can do to get this solved. Thank you anyway.

You're welcome

Eric, Android Expert