Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

I need wifi on my nvg589. 2816514289. I have had it for a yr…

Customer Question
I need wifi...

I need wifi on my nvg589

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone?

Customer:(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your phone? What have you tried so far?

I have had it for a yr on my home i want wifi for my house

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

No just want wifi i bought a iphone and just need to have a hotspot

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
12/9/2017
Cell Phone Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Start by logging in to the setup utility of your NVG589 box, from a computer connected to it by an Ethernet cable.

When logged in (and if you need help with that, let me know), go to

Begin on the home page of the Motorola NVG589 setup screen.

To setup the WiFi, click the option of Home Networks at the top of the page.

Then under that choose the Wireless option.

That should get you to this page:

<click here to see image>

and you should see the first setting there set to ON - for the Wireless Operation.

Then you should also have Security set to something other than 'Open' - Open is not good, it means no password ***** your WiFi and intruders given free access...

and the Key should be set to something at least 10 characters long.

And if you have to change anything there, then you need at the end, to click on SAVE at the bottom of that page.

After that, basically, you will have WiFi for sure.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer with the five-star interface at the top of your JustAnswer question page. A five-star rating would be appreciated - thank you.

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.