Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

I am getting overage charges because my Samsung galaxy phone…

Customer Question
I am getting overage...

I am getting overage charges because my Samsung galaxy phone is having trouble connecting with my home Wi-Fi. I sometimes find that the phone's Wi-Fi is turned off, even though I have not turned it off myself, and sometimes I get the message that "Authentication error occurred". Can you tell me what the issue is?

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your phone?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, tablet, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

There is often a blue circle spinning next to the Wi-Fi button

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
12/8/2017
Cell Phone Technician: Harry, Cell Phone Salesperson replied 7 months ago
Harry, Cell Phone Salesperson

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

This is usually an issue with the software on the phone itself and not the router since all of your other devices work without an issue.

Have you tried a factory reset?

No i have not. Not sure how to do that

Which Galaxy do you have?

Edge - 6 i think

Open Settings and scroll down to the Backup and reset option. Toward the bottom of the screen, tap Factory Data Reset.

The on-screen prompts will warn you that all data will be lost and your phone will return to its default settings. Confirm that you wish to perform the reset, and then press Reset Device.

Android 7

It says i will lose all my data. Am in the right place?
Its asking me if i want to delete all my data and it cannot be restored.

Yes, that is the next step to try a factory reset.