Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

When I switch a Nokia c7 that I have been given it asks me…

Customer Question
When I switch a...

When I switch a Nokia c7 that I have been given it asks me for a lock code which I do not have How can I proceed?

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your C7?

Never have used it

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

No where can i get instructions to do that

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
12/8/2017
Cell Phone Technician: Richard, Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

You will need to reset the phone. This will remove all data from it and return it to new but you cannot avoid this

To do the reset do the following please

Volume Down Key + Camera Key + Menu Key
1. Power on the phone and hold the Volume Down Key + Camera Key + Menu Key
2. Ensuring that above keys are being pressed, Press & hold Power button until you see “Formatting” on your screen
3. Release all keys & wait for formatting to be completed
4. Once completed, Phone is like just out of the box
5. Most importantly, your security code is now reset to the
default 12345

Let me know how you go please

does not format nokia screen comes on the lock code screen with numbers

It can take a number of attempts to try but it will less there is a fault on the phone

Can you try again please?

i HAVE TRIED MANY TIMES AND IT WILL NOT FORMAT

What exactly happens when you hold the buttons? And are you sure of the model you gave me?

IT RESTARTS YOU SEE NOKIA AND THEN LOCFK CODE AND NUMBERS TO PUNCH WITH FLASHING VERTICAL LINE

Ok, I am not sure why it is not working sorry but I am out of ideas on this

I will opt out for another expert that can help you

Thank you

Cell Phone Technician: Harry, Cell Phone Salesperson replied 7 months ago
Harry, Cell Phone Salesperson

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.