Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

My cell phone is fine. It's my home phones that don't have a…

Customer Question
My cell phone is...

My cell phone is fine. It's my home phones that don't have a dial tone. This is happening about every 6 weeks.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone?

Two of them are AT&T and 2 are Pansonic and it's true on all the phones.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic phone? What have you tried so far?

Oh, let's see. I have contacted AT&T help using a technician. One time not only did she not fix my phones, she also stopped my tv; another time I had to have a technician; another time the help techinican was able to fix it and I can't recall all the other times. Once again, it is not just the Panasonic phones. It's all of them!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't want to be hassled. I will suggest a technician for service and I will be told that it will cost me $$$ if they come out and it is my fault. Then we will haggle and they will try to fix the phones and my hunch is that they won't succeed and after we go thru all of this for at least an hour, they will say, let me schedule a technician to come out tomorrow. Not only do I want this problem fixed for now, but I don't know why it keeps happening and it seems to me that if someone could come to my home they might be able to resolve the issue, not just take care of the issue every 6 weeks. Dpesm t that sound reasonable?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
12/5/2017
Cell Phone Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If all phones are affected then there is a line problem, and the line will need to be checked by AT&T.