Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

Can’t connect to internet. 4 constant one blinking wireless…

Customer Question
Can’t connect to internet ...

Can’t connect to internet

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

4 constant one blinking wireless

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/4/2017
Cell Phone Technician: Richard, Technician replied 6 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the make and model of the device you are trying to connect to the internet please?

Thank you

AT&T
I’m locked out of my network

ok.. so you mean you do not know the password ***** your wifi network?

att787

ok... not sure what that reply meant, but can you reply please to my last question?

I will repeat

Do you mean you do not know the password ***** your wifi network?

I think my network is att784 ??

So you need the password ***** your wifi network?

Sorry, Richard. I'm not sure what you are asking. I have a long series of numbers on the side of the modem. is that what you want?
I work from my home for SMU, a university in dallas. I'm connected to my email and to google, but SMU's network rejects my password, tho I've reset it twice.
additionally, i frequently get a disconnect message and a reconnect message about five minutes later. my help desk tells me that I have an ATT problem.

Ok, the issue is I just do not know which service you are referring to for a password, this is why I keep asking are you talking about connecting to your wifi network?

im really not sure. can you help me determine if Im connected?

ok, can you tell me what it is you are trying to connect?

im trying to connect to my smu network. it will not accept my password. the continued disconnect and reconnect messages indicate to my help desk that I have an connection issue, not an smu issue.

And this SMU network.. is it a work network? A wireless network?

At your home? Somewhere else?

it is a wireless network from my home to the university.

You see it as a wireless network at your location?

I think so.

ok sorry it is too vauge for me to help you, I have requested a telephone call, please accept and and we can discuss this further on the phone

I'll continue to work with my help desk at the university and get back to you if i need help.

ok...