Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

My phone is locked and cannot open it; is this something…

Customer Question
My phone is locked...

My phone is locked and cannot open it; is this something that you may assist with

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

24 hours ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Phone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

Dumb question but who would my Phone Expert be?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2017
Cell Phone Technician: Samuel White, Cell Phone Technician replied 8 months ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Cell Phone Technician

I am Samuel and I can help you. What type of device is it? Also, are you locked at the screen asking for a PIN or a username and password?

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
waiting your comment

​​I am Samuel and I can help you. What type of device is it? Also, are you locked at the screen asking for a PIN or a username and password?

no - it just says you are locked out for 1 hour

So it was when you were entering your pin, correct?

the screen actually says Iphone is disabled

Have you backed the phone up to iTunes before?

no - have to leave and will respond to additional questions in two hours

If you forgot your code we will have to reset the device. Here is why:

A locked iPhone requires a passcodeor Touch ID to enter and access the device as a security precaution. After the iPhone passcode has been incorrectly entered five times in a row, the iPhone will automatically disable itself for 1 minute, giving the “iPhone is disabled” error message on screen. The obvious solution in this case is to wait for the minute (or several) to pass and then enter the correct passcode to unlock the iPhone and get around the disabled message. In the future, just enter the proper passcode in the first place and you’ll avoid this message and the lock out period.

You may find it interesting to know how many incorrect passcode entries are required to disable the iPhone for a particular amount of time and to get the accompanying message, that information is as follows:

• 5 incorrect passcode entries in a row – iPhone is disabled, try again in 1 minute
  • 7 incorrect entries in a row – iPhone is disabled, try again in 5 minutes
  • 8 incorrect entries in a row – iPhone is disabled, try again in 15 minutes
  • 9 incorrect entries in a row – iPhone is disabled, try again in 60 minutes
  • 10 incorrect passcode entries – iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes (or the iPhone wipes itself of all data if self-destruct mode is turned on)

Is there any other help you need? If not please rate so I can close this request! Thanks so much!

*Is there any other help you need? If not please rate so I can close this request! Thanks so much!