Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

Goes back and forth from no service to emergency calls only.

Goes back and forth...

Goes back and forth from no service to emergency calls only. I've turned on and off, taken out and reinserted battery and removed SIM card then reinserted. Still nothing....

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone?

Oh my it's old. I don't know but it may be a Nokia flip phone.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Nokia phone? What have you tried so far?

For at least 3 days. I've turned it off and on, removed then reinserted battery and did the same thing with SIM card. Still nothing.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I guess not. I know I'm current on my bill.

11/24/2017
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me please the make and model of the phone?

Thank you

Very old flip phone and may be a Nokia.

If you leave the sim card out, what then happens when you turn it on?

It says no SIM card. Could it be the battery? I don't think it's even charging.

No, the phone is turning on so it is not the battery, wipe the sim card on your sleeve, put it back in and tell me how it functions please

the date is January 6, 1980.

wipe the sim card on your sleeve, put it back in and tell me how it functions please

Says emergency calls only, then goes to no service, date still 01/06/1980. Have been charging for awhile and still only two bars on battery icon.

Thanks

It is the internal memory that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Technician