Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

I have a galaxy j3 on my wireless plan with AT&T. I’d like…

Customer Question
I have a galaxy j3...
I have a galaxy j3 on my wireless plan with AT&T. I’d like to get the straight talk galaxy j7 sky at Wal-Mart on the Black Friday sale; can i just put my J3 sim in and be fine?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
11/23/2017
Cell Phone Technician: Samuel White, Cell Phone Technician replied 7 months ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Cell Phone Technician
I am Samuel and I will help you out. Just so I can make sure I'm understanding your question correctly you want to be able to use the j-7 which is a Straight Talk device as a replacement for your J-3 but still use AT&T as your carrier?
For the call, is that $20 in addition to the $25 if I’m satisfied?
the two problems that pop up immediately or the fact that:
1 Straight Talk is a prepaid service typically to use it on any other service that's not prepaid would require you using the prepaid phone for 90 days of service.
2 Straight Talk and AT&T aren't necessarily compatible companies so you would have to call Straight Talk and have the phone unlocked in order to move it to another carrier. Which again they're probably not going to do without 90 days of continuous service. It stinks that it's like this because it stops you from getting an affordable phone on your plan. That is also the reason why they have these "rules" in place. Unfortunately their goal is to have you by their specific phones.Please disregard the request for a phone call they are Auto generated I have no problem answering your question via text.
Thank you! At&T has a Huawei phone advertised as part of their pre-paid plan. Do you know a ything sbout this phone?
To be honest with you the Huawei devices are in the same bracket as the J-3 and j7. They're nice smartphones that have most every capability of another smartphone. However there built-in specs are not very powerful. The two that people experience the most will typically be the amount of storage and the amount of processing memory. The amount of storage is pretty evident if you take lots of pictures or save lots of documents etcetera you will fill up the storage and not have any room for more information to be stored. The processor is a little different even if you don't have tons of information saved on the phone the processor can only handle so many activities and starts to go slow or the phone stops operating at a high speed. So if you go with one of those phones just be sure that you're not trying to run multiple apps at the same time. Also ensure that you don't have 10 different web page tabs open at the same time. Things like that will keep it from running slow.

Please be sure to rate so I may close this request!!

Thanks Samuel

Is there any other help you need? If not please rate so I can close this request! Thanks so much!