Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

I think it is i6. Hard to charge battery. The charging goes…

I think it is...

I think it is i6. Hard to charge battery. The charging goes on, off, on, off, etc. Sometimes it is corrected by detaching phone from cable and attaching it again. Could the solution be as simple as getting new cable?

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

Not sure. Maybe 5-6 years. Cell number is(###) ###-#### Can you look it up in your system?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

For 1-2 months. I have only tried detaching/reattaching cable and using a different cable, which sometimes seems to work.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Am I entitled to new phone if I continue Verizon contract?

11/16/2017
Samuel White
Samuel White, Cell Phone Technician

You do get a phone upgrade every 2 years at a discount price.

What can I do to get current phone to charge consistently? Or is it incurable after the phone has been used a few years?
The problem that you're having is fairly normal for iPhones that are over a few years old. The battery starts to get used up and needs to be replaced. However after the first year it is no longer covered by the manufacturer warranty therefore you would have to pay for the replacement of the battery. Your best bet typically is to upgrade your device. You cannot upgrade via chat because your account has to be verified to approve an upgrade. You can call at +1-***-***-**** or you can log into your my verizonwireless.com account to process an upgrade.
Samuel White
Samuel White, Cell Phone Technician
OK. Thanks for the information. I'll take it from here. Goodbye.

No problem have a great day!

Samuel

Is there any other help you need? If not please rate so I can close this request!