Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

Confirm that i understand these directions below in the new…

Customer Question
Please confirm that i understand...
Please confirm that i understand these directions below in the new paragraph. What it is stating is to simply take the SIM card from the broken phone and putting it into the iphone SIM card tray of the new phone after removing the SIM card that popped out along with the new iphones tray, which i am assuming is wise to store for some future need?https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201337
"Find your model below to locate the SIM tray. To pop open the SIM tray, insert a paper clip or a SIM-eject tool into the hole beside the tray. Push in, towards the iPhone, but don’t force it. If you're having difficulty ejecting the SIM tray, take your device to your carrier or an Apple Store for assistance.
After you remove your SIM card from the tray, place the new SIM card so that the card's notch in one corner fits into the tray. Then insert the tray into the device completely and in the same orientation that you removed it (the tray fits only one way).
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
11/16/2017
Cell Phone Technician: Richard, Technician replied 9 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

That is correct but you put the old SIM card into the tray in the new iPhone, then the Sim card in the tray goes back into the phone, so there is no need to store it as it always resides inside the phone.

Let me know how you go please

ok. so i did that correctly, but isnt that a new blank SIM card going into a junk broken phone now? ...

Sorry I do not understand, you are putting the SIM card into your new phone correct?

THe SIM card from my cracked phone into the new phone. What i am curious about, is why a brand new SIM card is going back inside a damaged phone? Will the factory refurbish the phone so the SIM card is always going to be necessary to remain inside a phone?

There is no need for a new SIM card to go into the problem phone, I would not put one in but leave it out.

The factory has no need for it