Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

Well, on Thursday my sound died and I was late to work

Customer Question
Well, on Thursday my...

Well, on Thursday my sound died and I was late to work because my alarm didn't go off correctly. on Friday, the battery went from 100% to 2%; and it wouldn't charge anymore. I was heading out of town and in a rush to get a phone in working condition. The customer service agent at my local verizon store mentioned that i could do the one insurance claim option and get it in 24 hours or do the trade-in. What he didn't mention is once the trade-in is complete I didn't have the option of the return policy to get my old device back. He gave me a gift card to pay off the last 3 months on that old 6s plus phone, and then didn't even say I had the option of keeping it because i paid off the majority of it and had the insurance on it the entire time. Then the assistant manager said how did you not know you could keep the phone, this was my first time doing it and buyers remorse. They didn't even keep the phone in the store for one day before shipping it out. When i got back to the store monday after my trip they said they could let me have my phone back because it was gone . Even if I had gone in the very next day saturday I wouldn't have had the option to get it back bc of when it was shipped out. So now I lost the value of that phone and I feel extremely offended because I have insurance even and nothing can cover my loss. Im ready to switch away from verizon due to this. Is there anything that can be done?

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

The phone I had was 2 years; it had 3 months left and i was eligible for free upgrade.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

The assistant manager told me i couldn't get my old phone back after i did the trade in but they failed to tell me that the return policy didn't apply. I have the serial number for my old phone and I'm very upset that they didn't do anything more to help me out.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that is all

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
11/15/2017
Cell Phone Technician: William Dishman,
 replied 5 months ago
William Dishman

Hello, my name is***** am happy to take a look at your questions today, please allow me a few moments to overlook the details. Thank you!

Cell Phone Technician: William Dishman,
 replied 5 months ago

First off I woud just like to say that I am sorry for the trouble you are going through. I am going to help you go through any options you have to help you out, how does that sound?

Eric, Android Expert