Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

How do I install a new battery in the back up unit in my…

How do I install...

How do I install a new battery in the back up unit in my basement Jerome Kagan Hoiw do I install a new battery in the back up unit in my basement

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I opened the unit but cannot remove the old wires frim battery HG 1080 12v so I can attach them to new battery

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just tried a minute ago

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
the battery is: GT 12080-HG 12v , with a label of GOLDTOP HG
J Kagan
10/18/2017
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Hi Jerome,

Follow these steps carefully when replacing the battery.
a. Locate the BBU and remove the cover on the unit.
b. Remove the spent battery (taking care not to damage the connecting wires; they will be reused).
c. Carefully remove both the black and red wires (noting the manner in which the wiring ends slide on the battery terminals).
d. Remove the new battery from the packaging and remove the protective plastic covers from both the negative and positive terminals on the top of the new battery.
e. Slide your current BBU’s connecting wires onto the appropriate battery terminalsnoting Red (+) = Positive and Black (-) = Negative. Be sure to connect the red terminal of the battery to the red terminal of the BBU and black terminal of the battery to the black terminal of the BBU.
f. Replace the battery in the compartment by following the instructions located on the label inside of the BBU.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
Please ensure you are logged in to submit the rating on your question page.
Or you can type your rating on your question page if you have any difficulty with the rating system.
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Pete, Electronic Engineer