Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

My remote on one of my uverse type stopped working. Battery…

Customer Question
My remote on one...

My remote on one of my uverse type stopped working. Battery relacement or re booting did not cure problem. Remote from 2nd tv does work on tv with broken remote (I do us tv remote to get pass set up issue). Need to replace bad remote

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

My remote model # is S30-S1A

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

2 days and followed all on TV help fixes--non work--I am an electrical engineer with good software knowledg--sure looks like a hardware problem with remote

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
10/17/2017
Cell Phone Technician: Richard, Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there

Do you have a smartphone available there? As then we can confirm if the remote has failed.

If you do, open the camera app then point the end of the remote at the camera lens and look at it through the phone.

The camera sees infrared light, so press the buttons on the remote and see if the light comes on when you do this.

Let me know the results please