Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

To whom it may concern. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 that fell

Customer Question
into a pool and it...
To whom it may concern. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 that fell into a pool and it doesn't work anymore. I have some very important information on this phone. Is there a way to retrieve it?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cell Phones
10/6/2017
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 1 month ago
Jeffrey B

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Lets get started!

So to clarify how long is it ago that the Cell phone fell into the water?

Have you first let it dry in a can of rice?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This happened on September 16th and it has been sitting in rice since that day. I tried turning it on today and it still won't turn on
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 1 month ago

I understand.

Do you get any response when on a charger or a computer?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, No response at all
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 1 month ago

I understand.

Do you want to recover photos? Are these maybe backed up up by your Google account?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 1 month ago

Have you tried holding the power button + volume down, to do a full restart?

When on a charger.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I got the backed up photos. But not all photos needed that wasn't backed up. Also some very important memos and calendar events that weren't backed up as well
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can try that
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 1 month ago

I understand.

The calendar events are not in your Google calander?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 1 month ago

When on a charger, also please try this without a charger.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I didn't sync the calendar as I didn't know it was possible. Now I know. I'm trying the power button and volume button now on and off the charger. No response
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 1 month ago

I understand.

When holding the volume up + power button, do you get into the recovery menu?

Also have you tried plugging it into a computer?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No response at all. Still have a blank screen. The phone is not powering on at all. Yes I've tried a computer as well
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 1 month ago

Understood.

I do see there are water revive kits available here: https://www.reviveaphone.com/reviveaphone-water-damaged-phone-repair-kit#/

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My wife tried a water revive kit on her previous phone and it did not work. I was hoping for a different alternative
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 1 month ago

I understand.

What I had to do with my Pixel cell phone was try to heat it with a blowdryer and make it very warm.

This helped me to get the cell phone on and remove the data.

Are you willing to try this?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How long will it have to be under a blow dryer?
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 1 month ago

For me eventually I had to put it in the oven.

So really warm, but the blowdryer gave me response on the phone.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I will try. I will let you know how it works out
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 1 month ago

Yes please do.

With me I got a response when I plugged the phone in and started charging.

It would be greatly appreciated to rate me after this conversation. The rating can be done in the top of this screen.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 1 month ago

Sorry Dave,

Just to clarify I did removed the battery from the cell phone.

So i opened the cell phone and put just the mainboard in.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hey Jeffery... I tried the blow dryer and still nothing. The galaxy s6 doesn't have a removable battery
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 1 month ago

I understand Dave.

Do you see even a LED ligt come ON when you charge the cell phone?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No LED... completely dead
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 1 month ago

I do see there is a cheap battery available for sale IF it is the battery that is defect.

From here you can buy one.

link: https://www.cellphonerepair.com/common-issues/samsung-galaxy-s6-battery-replacement/

But you need to replace the battery yourself.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm not quite understanding... as far as what I was told by a sprint rep the Samsung Galaxy S6 does not use a battery. That phone has a battery?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I read the webpage you've sent. Is this process of elimination? Is there a purpose for the memory sim card on the side of the phone. Is information stored on that sim?
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 1 month ago

Yes, correct.

Also on the SIM there can be data stored, have you tried getting the SIM out?

Also the cell phone has a battery and is replaceable.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 1 month ago

Do you still need assistance regarding this problem?

It would be greatly appreciated to rate my answer after this conversation. The rating can be done in the top of this screen.

Waiting for your reply,

Kind regards,
Jeff

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you know what type of data is stored on the SIM. Would memos and tasks be saved on the sim? How can I retrieve info from the SIM?
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 1 month ago

Often this are more the contacts that are stored on the sim.

kind regards,

Jeff

Jeffrey B
Jeffrey B
Jeffrey B