Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

My phone will no longer receive calls. 3 or 4 yrs. Probably…

Customer Question
My phone will no...

My phone will no longer receive calls

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

3 or 4 yrs

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Probably 2 mo. ive checked the settings. ive turned it completely off to no avail

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
10/6/2017
Cell Phone Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Cell Phone Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago

Could you please tell me the exact make and model of your phone?

lg ultimate 2
Cell Phone Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago

Could you please tell me whether you are able to make calls if yes try to restart your phone by removing battery and wait for 15 seconds and then turn it on and if still it doesn't work please refer this link and follow the steps to check for call forwarding option by clicking on the side arrows http://devicehelp.optus.com.au/lg/g3/troubleshooting/calls-and-voicemail/i-can-t-receive-any-calls/5536/ and let me know if this helps.

It didn'help
Cell Phone Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago

Sorry about that. Let me look for a alternative solution. May I know whether you can make calls from this particular phone? If so, can you let me know who gives you the phone service?

verizon
Cell Phone Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago

Thank you. Can you let me know whether it directly goes to the voice mail? If so, try dialing *228 Option 2 to update the PRL

i updated to no avail
my phone is still not working
Cell Phone Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago

Unfortunately I am out of ideas in regards ***** ***** issue. To give you a chance at a second opinion on this matter (at no extra charge) I am Opting Out of this case, opening it to other Experts' opinions and contributions. Perhaps one of them will recognize this problem and have the right suggestion for it. Thank you

Cell Phone Technician: Richard, Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

Can you please hold the power button down until you see a menu and choose Power Off.

Then power on the phone and tell me if it then functions correctly.

Please let me know

thank you

i tried, it didn't help