Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

I need to use my cell phone in Canada. what do I do. It is…

Customer Question
I need to use...

I need to use my cell phone in Canada. what do I do

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

It is my sons phone ,about 1 year old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

He is being sent to Canada for a few days and needs to use his phone while he is there. His boss said to call Verizion to have it authorized. HOW

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
10/4/2017
Cell Phone Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 10 months ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hi:
I'm Gina and I’m a moderator for this topic. Please read the following message very carefully. :)
It looks like your question may have been meant for a different company, possibly Verizon.
We, JustAnswer, match people with questions to Experts with answers in areas like Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Financial, Legal, Home Improvement and more.
I would be happy to try to assist you in finding the web address of the company you are looking for if you can confirm that for me.
Please let me know if you want to continue or cancel your question and I'm happy to further assist you.
Best,
Gina-Moderator
Cell Phone Technician: Nathan, Customer Service replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Customer Service

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

There are a few variables here, including the model of the phone itself, and your phone service/plan.

In most cases it will actually work automatically, but any calls he makes while there may be billed at a "roaming" rate which can be very inexpensive. If he is going to carry it just for emergencies you probably don't need to do anything. If he plans to use it a lot, or plans to use data/internet, then you will need to either call verizon at 800\922\0204 or visit a local verizon store and ask them to add international calling (in canada) to your plan. Tell them you need it just for one month, and they can set you up with a basic international plan that will cover his time and usage while there.

Best regards,