Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

I cannot get my TV to go beyond the display screens. I have…

Customer Question
Hi. I cannot get...

Hi. I cannot get my TV to go beyond the display screens. I have hit every button I know to hit, but it will not go to TV. I have rebooted 3 times but it still comes up with the scenic display screens. What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It's a Sony, 2016 edition HD TV.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It was fine last night. I watched all my programs until about 1 am. But it's been like this since I turned it on about 11am this morning.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I have hit #3 on my remote to make sure it's going thru the correct channel, but it's just not cooperating.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
10/2/2017
Cell Phone Technician: Richard, Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please