Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

Not cell phone but our land line. Probably 6 yrs. We need to…

Customer Question
Not cell phone but...

Not cell phone but our land line

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

Probably 6 yrs.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

We need to switch over to use a cell tower for our land line and that was set up this afternoon but I think the att guy got our address and zip code wrong and now it page where I need to fill in that info to agree to the terms and conditions won't accept our zip code and I can't complete the agreement they need before they will send the proper equipment.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
9/26/2017
Cell Phone Technician: Nathan, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Customer Service

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the main base station, not the handset)

We have one main phone we will be using. No other fax or anything else. I just need someone to check what info. the at&t guy put in about our address and zip code which I need in order for me to agree to the terms & conditions. The page to accept terms and conditions won't accept my zip code. Without getting that done they won't send the box I need to switch over to being connected to a cell tower for a wireless connection for our land line.

Thank you for confirming,

I can help you with programming or other technical issues with your actual telephone, but what you are describing now is an account issue, that can't be addressed here you will actually have to call att or visit one of their retail stores for that purpose.

I will call att customer service for help. Please do not charge me for this call.

You paid the agreed upon fees to the site for this service. I can't fix the account issue, I can only tell you how it needs to be properly resolved. If you are using the wireless/cellular landline box though, you should really go to a local att store as they need to activate it and they usually can't accomplish that over the phone.

Eric, Android Expert