Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

Home phone needs activation. Got it yesterday was an update.

Customer Question
Home phone needs activation ...

Home phone needs activation

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

Got it yesterday was an update

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Worked fine up till I switched over to updated model & when I call out all I get is busy sig. I have 4bars

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
9/24/2017
Cell Phone Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

To give you the right instructions on how to activate your new / updated phone, I will need to know, what maker is it, e.g. Motorola, LG, Samsung, etc.?

And also: what network or phone service provider or phone company network does it work with or is it intended to be working with?

Let me know in Reply, and I will instruct you.

its a Panasonic and worked fine with the old verizion system but not with new one ..model novt2000 serial #al260417a04000 or should I switch back to old system and drive 120miles and return it

Driving that far would be a great shame!

Let me try to advise you how to fix it / get it working.

First: you spoke of it having bars... but, does it have a base unit?

And does the base unit plug into the phone line?

And is there anything else on the phone line the base unit is connected to?

verion store says its activated but when I call out to anybody all I get is busysiginal I have 4bars of siginal.. I would like to talk to you but the phone won't work.

Right. Now, I need to know some things, please:

- the T2000 by Verizon is a 'box', strictly speaking, not a phone (not a handset in other words.) Have you hooked in your Panasonic phone to that 'box' yet?

- and what does the screen on the T2000 box show, please? 4G LTE at upper left? the Verizon logo? and anything else?

still havent got answer phone has base unit and it worked fine on old system just switched to new system and no phone would love to talk if you can make this damn thing work just call me(###) ###-####

Is this your T2000 phone?:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/home-office-solutions/wireless-home-phone-t2000/

or is it something else that you have?

the t2000 is verizon home phone system the panasonic is the base phone and is connected..the t2000 has a 4glte and the phone is the only thing pluged into it..the t2000 has been charged ect. again would love to talk if i could

Good so far...

What jack on the T2000 box is the cord from the Panasonic phone plugged in to, please? I just need to make sure of this detail.

a little plastic jack from t2000 to the phone i have it into the old verizon system now so if you want to call me you can(###) ###-####otherwise not and i will drive the 120miles this week to alamogordo with the hole thing t2000 & phone ect.and see if they can figure it out????

That would be a long drive. I think you might have a defective T2000 though... and if you are in a remote location, also, your region might not be 'covered' by Verizon 4G service ... ? so, please tell me what zip code, or what town/state, your T2000 is located in, so I can check on that.

88301 zip carrizozo nm. we are in the middle of nowhere but have a verizon cell tower

And I think you said the T2000 shows a good signal.

OK... I will check that location, but also:

Sobering news: "Customers transferring in their home number can't make or receive calls on the Wireless Home Phone until the transfer process is completed. The transfer process can take 2 – 10 business days. Check the status of your transfer by visiting verizonwireless.com/LNP or by calling(###) ###-#### "

So that might account for the problem.

I presume the Panasonic phone's line goes into either the Phone or the FAX jacks on the T2000 box not to the other, wider, jack. That would not work, of course.

Are you using the 3-digit area code, when dialing? not much use with a busy signal, of course.

Eric, Android Expert