Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

I woid liketogetanother hanset to work with another base…

I woid liketogetanother hanset...

I woid liketogetanother hanset to work with another base unit.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Panasonic KXTG 6572R 8 or so years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I lost the hand set that came with the phone. Now I want to get another hand set just like the old one - to work with a different base..

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Both basesare indentical Model numbers KXTG 6572R

9/23/2017
Nathan, Customer Service

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Not a celll phone. This is a Panasonic base with a hand set for the phone.

Your base station can accommodate a maximum of 6 handsets, which are part number KX-TGA652,

Because of the age of the system however, which is well past its service life at this point, they are really only available used or refurbished. You may order a replacement handset here: http://amzn.to/2wO9V0c

Note that given the cost of even a used handset, you may actually be better off just starting over with a new system, as you can get a new and updated model with a fresh warranty, new base, and a couple of handsets for not much more than you'd spend on 1 used unit: http://amzn.to/2wNTm4d

Best regards,

I do not want to pay more for the answer.
i bought a used handset .Now I want to get it to work with the base!!!! How do I get the base and the handset to recognize each other???

I am not asking you to pay more.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

I sent you a written answer above.

Okay if you have a handset already, that is entirely different, your question appeared to be looking to purchase a handset,

I can tell you how to connect them, which is a different issue,

Thank you.

Take the new handset and key in Menu#130

then press and hold the Find HS (locator) button on the main base station (current system) for 5 seconds,

then press the OK button on the new handset.

I did that. Now where is the okay button on the handset?

OK will be a word that shows on the handset display screen, when it proceeds to that step (if it connects), then you press the button just below that word (below the OK on the screen)

The handset says Reconnect base AC adaptor.

Then the process may not have completed, or that used handset was not properly deregistered from its old system (which means it possible that it may not be able to work with yours)

Start over from the beginning please and we will go from there

i understand. I will go back to the base and try again.. I do have the old base if there is a way to disconnect from that one.
there a way to deregoster the handset from the old base???

Yes there is, plug the old base in, then on the old handset key in Menu#131, then up/down to select the handset number (the number of the handset you are removing, when not in use it usually shows handset# ***** 2,3 etc in the corner of the screen),

then ok/select (and again to confirm) then it is free to register again as we tried initially

Sorry about the typing errors. ok!
It is handsenumber 2, but I can only get the volume controp when I press the up/down .
it finally worked!!!!!
Now I will try to register the new phone with the new base.
It says it is registered. Thank you for your time and expertise.
Great! Glad that did the trick for you!
Have a great day
Nathan, Customer Service