Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

When i call my husband it's in spanish, alcatel one touch

Customer Question
when i call my husband...
when i call my husband it's in spanish
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: alcatel one touch about 3 or 4 years
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: atleast a week
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
9/21/2017
Cell Phone Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
What phone does your husband have, please? and is it in Spanish on his voicemail, or something else?

its the same
no

What message is coming out in Spanish, on the Alcatel phone, please? can you catch any words of it? or, when does the message appear, when you call and... what/when?

just the number

So, then, if I understand you rightly: you call your husband's Alcatel phone, and a voice speaking in Spanish states a number?

when i call his # the lady says the# ***** spanish

OK...

Can you tell whether the voice repeats the number you are calling from, or the number you have just called/dialed ?

she say's the words and # in spanish

A pity I cannot hear the words... without knowing what they are (I do understand Spanish some at least, routine phrases for sure), it is hard to say whether the carrier or phone company is speaking in Spanish, or the Alcatel at the other end is, or (I doubt it but perhaps) your own phone is speaking.

So... can you record the words being spoken, and attach a sound file of the recording to your reply? I admit that's asking for a bit of effort, but there's no way of telling who what or why is speaking Spanish-and-a-number to you, until those words are known/hearable/etc.

i will try and call you back when i get this figured out.

You may return here at any time by going to

http://www.justanswer.com/cell-phones/aoxmr-when-call-husband-it-s-spanish-alcatel-one-touch.html

and thank you, ***** ***** no urgency about getting back to me - though I would like to help you with this odd and rare puzzling occurrence on your husband's phone.

It might perhaps be that a setting for Language Choice on your husband's Alcatel phone has spontaneously changed to Spanish from English. If you would like to pursue that avenue of inquiry, let me know, and I will instruct you as to how to proceed.

Eric, Android Expert