Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

I just bought two new Samsung Note 8 phones. I cannot get…

Customer Question
I just bought two...

I just bought two new Samsung Note 8 phones. I cannot get mine to take a new password ***** open it. Can you please help me?

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

3 days

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just took it out of the box. We did have AT&T service but my husband heard from the Best Buy guys (where we bought the phones) that Verizon was better so he switched our account to Verizon. I didn't have any passcode on my phone to begin with but it asked me to put a 5 digit code in the phone to open it instead of a 4 digit code, as I had with AT&T. So I added 1 number and now it will not open the phone. I have called Samsung and AT&T and they both said to contact you. I can't call because my phone won't open.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just how I get into my new phone.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
Remember, I cannot access anything you send to my phone because I cannot get into it now.
If you do not answer on this screen you will have to send me information by email because I cannot receive text messages at the moment; my phone has locked me out!
9/19/2017
Cell Phone Technician: Ashik, Cellphone Tech replied 8 months ago
Ashik, Cellphone Tech

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

The best option is, you can factory reset the phone and start over.

1. Power the phone completely off.
  2. Hold down Volume Up, Bixby button and Power and when it turns on, release Power but keep holding down Volume up and Bixby button (Bixby button is the button under Volume down). This will boot into Android recovery screen (release the keys when you see Android icon and updating status)
  3. Wait a few seconds and a screen with several options will load. Use the “Volume Down” button to toggle the selection to “wipe data/factory reset“, then press the “Power” button to make that selection.
  4. Use the “Volume Down” button to toggle the selection to “Yes — delete all user data“, then press the “Power” button.
  5. The factory reset process will begin. Once it’s finished, select the “reboot system now” option, and your device will restart in its factory reset state.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Ashik, Cellphone Tech