Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

Help! This is really stupid, but I've just forgotten the…

Customer Question
Help! This is really...

Help! This is really stupid, but I've just forgotten the number I need to input to unlock my phone, #***-***-****. I am dyslexic and don't hold numbers in my brain very well. C, plus being under considerable strain from the hurricane. Can I reset the number? I will give you any information you need to ascertain that this is really ***** *****-Fleming and it is indeed my phone. Thanks.

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

It is an iPhone 5c and I got it in 2014.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It just now happened, and I haven't tried any troubleshooting. I just clean forgot the unlock number.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
9/19/2017
Cell Phone Technician: Josh, Technician replied 11 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The only way to bypass the lock screen is to perform a factory reset on the iPhone..

From a computer, go to icloud.com/find

If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID

Click All Devices at the top of your browser window.

Select the device you want to erase.

Click Erase [device] to erase your device and its passcode.

Now you can restore from backup

OK, I'll give it a try. Thanks.

You're welcome!

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Problem solved, thanks.

Awesome!