Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

What does "you have run out of data" mean? android about 3…

What does "you have...

What does "you have run out of data" mean?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Android about 3 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

About 1 week. I'm from Fl. and evacuated to Indiana. I lost my internet connection and cannot get The weather channel or text. All I can do is use the phone. I keep getting the ping about sign into network , home

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I think so, I'm not very smart with the phone.

9/19/2017
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

Cell phone providers only provide you with a certain amount of data to use on their network, eg: 1 Gigabyte, when you exceed this they disconnect the internet until the following month when you get the allocated data again.

This is what the message means. What you will need to do is contact your provider and request them to increase the data package though there will be additional costs as the more data you get the more it costs.

You should also consider using your wifi network at home instead and restricting their data use to when you are away from home as this would help.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Technician