Richard, Technician
Experience:  Cell / Smart phone problem solver for over 15 years
32989067

My samsung rugby is accepting and placing calls but noone

my samsung rugby is accepting and placing calls but noone can hear me. I have looked at settings but not seeing what i have to do to reset this.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Samsung SGH 1547 version 4.1.2
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just started today. I have obviously hit something to turn that function off but cannot locate where to go to turn back on. Have looked through my settings but not seeing it.
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the phone and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the phone and use it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did as you suggested and it seems to be working properly now. Thank you!

your most welcome!

It was the firmware that had an issue, and needed a hard restart. We did this just then. It will now be ok.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you