Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers, Electronics, and Cell and Mobile Technology
23511658

I have tried on numerous times to erase all call block

Customer Question

I have tried on numerous times to erase all call block numbers and it does not work. It says it works, but when I try to block a new number it says its full. What am I doing wrong?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I believe it is either a KX-TGE272 or a KX-TGE270S Series Link to Cell Bluetooth Convergence.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It;s been going on for about a month. I have not done any troubleshooting. Didn't know there was any available.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be helping you with your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and respond.

How are you trying to block the call? By blocking it when the call comes in or adding it to the list?

What is the exact message you get when you try?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am trying to clear the out the blocked call memory when it says it's full. I need to erase all the numbers that are in the blocked call memory. The message I get is that the blocked call memory is full! How do I empty it?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is not a cell phone by the way.

Go to call block

Up/down to Block range of numbers - Select

Then press menu

up/down to Erase

Select

Then yes to confirm

That should clear the list.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not want to pay any more money, I just want an answer. I have done what you said, many times.

I'm not asking you to pay any more money.

The steps that I just gave you are how you clear the list.

You can also do it from the base. Have you tried that?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
from two other headsets. That is why I don't know what the problem is. I meant I did not want spend any more money by talking on the phone. What else do you suggest?

Thos are the only two ways. From the handset and menu-#217 from the base.

When you select ERASE, do you confirm twice?

The list stores over 200 numbers. Do you think you even have that many on the list?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't recall. I can try it again now. Yes.

Make sure "erase all" shows on the handset when you get to that point. Otherwise it will just erase one entry

You can see the list of numbers by going to call block then block a single number and then you should be able to move up and down the list. Does that list appear to have number in it after you do the erase?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do erase all. I just tried to block a number and it said call block memory full.

If you go to the call block list, do you still see the numbers there?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The phone just might be to old. I'm not sure when we bought it. Quite a few years ago. Might as well hang it up. Looks like there is nothing we can do. Thanks for your help. How much has this cost me?

I don't have access to billing information. If you need information on that, please contact JustAnswer directly. I apologize, but I don't have any way to see that.

Please remember to rate my level of service using the 5 star rating system. If there is anything else I can do, please let me know.

Please remember to rate my level of service using the 5 star rating system. If you have any questions on how to do that, please let me know.