Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

It crashed and now says I need to do a restore. I don't want…

Customer Question
It crashed and now...

It crashed and now says I need to do a restore. I don't want to lose my pictures. Phone has not been backed up.

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

17 months

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It happened when I deleted my FAcebook app and reinstalled

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I've restarted it several times. Just gets stuck on Apple logo

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
9/7/2017
Cell Phone Technician: Richard, Technician replied 11 months ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

Can you hold the home and power buttons on the iPhone for about 10 seconds then release.

Let the phone restart and tell me how it then functions please.

It freezes with the Apple logo
'm

ok, can you connect it to your computer, then open iTunes.

Tell me what iTunes says about the phone please.

Iphone recovery mode only option is to restore it won't let me press the check for update button
when I tried to just connect it said it was unAble to

Did it give an error code? If so, please tell me what it was.

Invalid response received from the device

ok, you need to try to restore, it is likely the internal memory has faild and it wont restore, but this is the only option you have to try to get the phone to work.

there's no way to save my photos?

No sorry, not with the phone in this state.

Why would a phone that was working perfectly have this problem???

They can always fault at any time, I see this many times everyday which is why backups are so important.