Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

Droid phone not charging. Suggestions? Purchased from

Droid phone not charging...

Droid phone not charging. Suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

Purchased from Verizon March 2015

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Using Verizon issued charger...malfunctioning since this AM

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Phone: (###) ###-####

8/30/2017
MD.SADIQUE
MD.SADIQUE, Technician

Hi, I'm Sadique. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Did you try charging via USB cable connected to your computer?

Wall plug in adapter only.

I want you to try USB cable to verify if it's a problem with the phone or the charger.

Phone now at 21% charged. I'll contact you when fully charged and then let's talk. Thank you.

No need to fully charge it. Just tell me if it charges fine via USB cable.

No computer USB cable. Only Verizon wall plug-in adapter.

The most likely and common cause to this type of problem:

1. The charging port has either dislodged/loose

2. The charger has gone bad.

If the charging port on the phone is loose then the current won't pass to the battery steadily. The jack needs to be resoldered to get everything back to alright.

If the charger is bad then you can get a replacement charger.

To confirm this either you use a USB cable or a new charger.

You can also go to Bestbuy or any other Electronics shop and tell them to check.

Most probably it's the charger cord in your case that is faulty but it's always better to get it confirmed rather than guessing.

Will do. Thank you.

Please take some time to rate my service by clicking on the stars at the top and then click Submit.

Thank you!

MD.SADIQUE
MD.SADIQUE, Technician