Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

It's my sisters jitterbug flip. It won't charge or come on.

I can't find out how...
It's my sisters jitterbug flip. It won't charge or come on. I can't find out how to open the battery compartment. Thought I would take the battery out and put back in, then try to get it to come on.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I got it for her about six weeks ago. It says Alcatel Onetouch on the back
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It started yesterday evening. I tried to charge on two different chargers. Thought i would take the battery out and put back in but I can't figure out how to open the battery door.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: HELP!! Thats all I know.
8/21/2017
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Phone and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the phone.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

I did that. Still not charging.

Thanks

Can you hold the volume up and power buttons for 7 seconds then release.

Does it then take you to a menu?

Please let me know

This chat is fine.
ThanksCan you hold the volume up and power buttons for 7 seconds then release.Does it then take you to a menu?Please let me know
I did that. It didn't work.

Thanks

Have you tried connected a different power cable?

Please let me know

I have tried the stand charger that came with the phone and MY charger from my LGphone that plugs in on the side of the jitterbug. Neither one worked.

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, it is the only cause left

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Thanks for trying. Do I mail it back to the company?

You're welcome

To the place of purchase, they will then handdle the replacement for you.

Richard, Technician
Richard, Technician