Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

The battery died, ?? it's an old flip phone - no gadgets,

Customer Question

The battery died
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: ?? it's an old flip phone - no gadgets
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: the battery was dead, I plugged it in and it said charging, when it said charge complete I unplugged it - n o light or anything, my question is can I just replace the battery and how much will it cost - I am a shut in old lady
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The battery can probably be replaced quite easily. Cell phone batteries usually cost about $12 to $18 or so.

But that depends upon what make (e.g. LG or Motorola) and model # the flip phone is. So, tell me that - or the model # off the battery, which should be under a sliding hatch on the back of the flip phone, and have a label on it - and I will tell you specifically what battery can replace it and how much it would cost you.

-----------------------------

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be good.

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.