Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

I have an Iphone 6. It has a calendar on it. I use Windows 7…

Customer Question
I have an Iphone 6...
I have an Iphone 6. It has a calendar on it. I use Windows 7 64 Bit Home Edition. I use Windows Live 11 for my email. It also has a calendar function as part of the Windows Live 11 program. I add things to the desktop Windows Live 11 calendar. I would like to know how to be able to see those desktop Windows Live 11 calendar details on my iPhone 6 calendar. I understand there may be a way to "sync" the two but do not know how to do....even after googling. Thanks. dan
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
8/6/2017
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 8 months ago
Jeffrey B

Hello and welcome.

My name is***** will be assisting you today.

I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Did you still need assistance with your issue?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 8 months ago

Great!

On your Iphone have you added the account?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

I know how to get to settings and add but the account is not listed so what do I do.
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 8 months ago

What is the email adres you want to use?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

I primarily use, all the time,***@******.***....I do have a gmail address as well, but for now rarely use. The WLM 11 on my desktop, when you open WLM 11, also has a calendar you can open. You can enter things you want on the various days. To date I can only access that WLM 11 calendar from my desktop when I open up WLM. WLM uses comcast.net as my email address and I receive all my email to the WLM 11 as it is set up that way...I can login in to WLM and open another email, but that never worked and I do not use...that is... I click WLM, it opens, there is a pop up screen asking me to sign into WLM..but you need, I found after going initially round and round with MS when I first got Windows 7, a hotmail address. I do not have and did not want. So you just click the x in the right hand top corner of that popup box and your mail is there. When you first open the WLM, it searches for new mail. Should you want to search manually, after being on for awhile, you can click on the send/receive tab at the top of the email and a drop down box appears..it lists comcast.net as default, but it gives you choices for all email accounts or to update. I just have the comcast.net on this site. When I log on from another computer...and go to comcast.net...xfinitity.net...you get their main screen You can click on the email icon and login and get your online comcast.net email. There is a calendar listed, but it is not the same as I have on WLM on my desktop. The iPhone also has a calendar as you know, but it too does not access the WLM calendar. So is there a way to sync the WLM calendar with the xfinity.net calendar and the iphone calendar. Thanks again.
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 8 months ago

I understand.

Is that comcast account added on your Iphone?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

how do i check that?
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 8 months ago

I understand.

On your Iphone go to settings>>accounts.

There you add the comcast account.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

It is already listed there as well as iCloud. It says IMAP on the Comcast entry. It also only lists email and notes with Comcast as choices.
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 8 months ago

I understand.

Have you selected the comcast calender in your calander settings on your iphone to show?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

The WLM calendar I use and add info to when I open it up by clicking the tab on my Windows 7, opening up WLM and then clicking on the calendar tab, is the one I am trying to sync with iphone calendar and for that matter when I log onto my comcast account online from either my computer or another computer...www.comcast.net or it is xfinity.net....open up the mail and then click on that calendar. All three calendars are different. When you open up the online comcast email..not from my desktop WLM tab, there is a calendar tab. At the top of the calendar there is a tab to sync your calendars. I click on it and it gives a message.....Sorry, we couldn't find that page.The page you are looking for may have been moved, updated or deleted.Suggested ActionsPlease check the address (URL) you entered for proper spelling. Make sure that no capital letters or spaces are used.
You may find what you're looking for by visiting the my.xfinity.com homepage or the site map.
Still need help? Let us know.So I cannot even use that link to sync a calendar...don't even know which ones it may be trying to sync. So again I am trying to be able to see the calendar I see and use when I open my WLM on my desktop...with either my iPhone calendar or even the online comcast calendar associated with my online comcast email.Thanks again. I hope you understand what I am describing and what I am trying to do.
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 8 months ago

Yes, I understand.

that link opens up the my.infinity homepage, correct?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

When you go to xfinity.net the Comcast/Xfinity home page opens. If you then click on the email icon you are asked for your login name and password. Once you are logged on your mail page appears. At the top of that mail page are several tabs. One is calendars. When you click on that there is a tab that says synce your calendars. When you click on that it gives the error message I noted in last message.
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 8 months ago

I understand.

Is it possible that I remotely connect and try to solve this with you?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

I am at work all day.
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 8 months ago

I understand.

Please let me know when you are available.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

GM Jeffrey, I am headed off to a few errands. Perhaps you have some other suggestions regarding syncing my calendars. Apple says they no longer support WLM calendars, they told me to contact MS. MS says they do not support WLM calendars anymore. I will contact Comcast and see what they say about the function of their web based email, calendar, sync function is supposed to do. I don't think taking over my computer will prove to be any benefit at this time. I have described what is going on...and am a little concerned about this....not that you would do anything to harm, but I still am a bit cautious. Thanks for letting me know if you any further tips. If not, I will let you know what Comcast says...and then I guess close out our conversation after that. Thanks Jeffrey. dan
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 8 months ago

Offcourse, I understand.

Please let me know what comcast says about this so we can get this solved.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Comcast...take them for what they say..and who you get in tech support....said they are updating there web based calendar and said it will no longer have ability to sync. They said the calendar will be there and you can share with another's email...basically emailing them your calendar, but that the sync function will not work...they say they will be removing that tab. I will keep an eye on that as perhaps this particular tech person, was not fully understanding what I was asking/explaining. However he did say it will not sync with any calendars...google, icloud, etc. Though I am not all that up on this, as you can tell by my questions, it would seem syncing is something that is becoming expected with people using various platforms....but perhaps Comcast is taking it away..it does not work on my system..even though I don't know what it would be trying to sync with anyway. Back to the issue..I am trying to sync the WLM 11 calendar, which MS does not support anymore and the Apple says they do not support and or recognize. I looked online as I think I told you before reaching out to just answer...and it did appear that some people where able to do so..I just wasn't able to understand the instructions. So do you have any other ideas/suggestions...perhaps you can google...how to syn a WLM 11 calendar with the iPhone 6 calendar. Thanks again Jeffrey. dan
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 8 months ago

Yes, I will Dan.

I am going to look into this for you, this can be solved.

It would be greatly appreciated to rate me after this conversation. The rating can be done in the top of this screen.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Do I wait to rate you at the end when it is resolved or if it cannot be resolved. If I rate now, doesn't that close the case?
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 8 months ago

Yes offcourse, please rate me when we get this solved.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Ok I will wait for you to give me some more info..if you happen to find a solution. I appreciate the help Jeffrey.
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 8 months ago

Yes, offcourse, I am trying to get some more information from MS.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 8 months ago

Can we please try the following:

https://www.e-mailsettings.com/iphone/windows-live-mail-mail-setup

Are we then able to add the account?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Before I try....I am already getting my mail to my iPhone with my Comcast.net account. I don't want to do anything in settings that will mess that up. I don't need to set up mail on my iPhone I just need it to recognize the WLM calendar on my desktop home computer running WLM 11. Thanks
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 8 months ago

I understand.

But we want to have the WLM calendar on your Iphone, correct?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

but will doing what you suggest effect my iPhone Comcast.net mail sending and receiving? The more I think about this though the desktop WLM uses the desktop mail settings to retrieve the mail to my local computer the WLM calendar is not online. I brlieve it is local to my desktop...ACER computer Hard Drive. So if I cannot make it go online from my desktop how can I make it accessible to my iPhone? Additionally as I said, the online Comcast calendar which is separate from my local WLM calendar will not sync with any calendars. One tech from Comcast said as I told you previously that it does not work and they are in the process of removing that online Comcast email/calendar sync tab. So thanks again for your thoughts...again if the WLM calendar is just local then I don't see how the iPhone can sync with it...if it is not on the web. Thanks again Jeffrey. dan
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 8 months ago

I understand Dan,

We do need to have a online calendar.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Ok so I guess the WLM 11 calendar will not sync.....and the Comcast.net online calendar will not sync..per them...so until I get an online calendar that syncs with my iPhone I guess I am out of luck for now. What you were trying to do was to get my comcast.net email to my iPhone....thinking, I believe the WLM 11 desktop calendar would come along. I already have the comcast.net email on my iPhone as I explained so changing any of those settings you suggested, I did not want to try for fear it would mess my current comcast.net email working currently great on my iPhone. And again the more I thought about it, the WLM 11 is not online...just local to my WLM 11 local Hard Drive. Thanks for trying to help..I guess the issue I have cannot be resolved as their is no resolution. Thanks for the help Jeffrey.
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 8 months ago

I understand.

When you go to your hotmail account through the website, do you see your calendar items there?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

I don't know if I have a hotmail account set up. How to I see if I do?
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 8 months ago

I understand.

That calandar what you use in you WLM, where is that linked to? the comcast account?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

I don't think it is linked to anything. The only way I see and can add to etc, unless with hotmail...and tell me how to check that...is when I am at my desktop, click start and then click link to WLM 11. It opens and searches for any new mail...I have mail in the inbox and in many mail folders I created that are on left side of the opened email page. At the bottom of that page are several tabs...contacts and calendar being two. If you click on contacts, they open and if you click on calendar it opens...neither the contacts or calendar sync with anything I know unless perhaps hotmail...which you would have to help me check on that.
I just found my hot mail account and logged in.....I do not use it...logged in the MS account login info. Took me to hot mail page. There are several calendars listed including one that saysCustomercalendar...which is my login name for comcast.net email. I opened it, but nothing on the dates from WLM 11 calendar. There is also a contact tab...several of my contacts are there...not all in WLM 11 contacts, but a few...maybe got there from online comcast.net contact list. I did a bit more research and found an MS article dated 2016 that says WLM 11 no longer syncs with google or hot mail. So it just may not synce...MS has discontinued support as of earlier this year I believe they said. I may be able to add thing to the hot mail calendar and perhaps it will sync with the comcast online calendar..but the person I spoke with at comcast said they are in process of removing ability to sync their calendar...so I just don't know.
Found so more info from comcast forum..said not really ability to sync comcast calendar with iphone as yet...had a work around said maybe later this year will have. Also when I do open hot mail account, it uses outlook. I am not paying for hot mail, but thought to add and receive message the MS person said you have to pay for the Outlook service...they offer one year free if you use the newest office, 365? Do you have to pay for Outlook..it appears hot mail uses it..but there is a tab at the bottom of the hot mail page to sign up for advances services..don't know what that entails and or is used for.
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 8 months ago

I understand.

Yes, the office365 is a online service.

I am looking into this for you.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Just clicked on the upgrade tab in hot mail....they offer several packages...the MS tech I spoke with about another issue..said they offer Outlook free for one year with purchase of 365. Anyway, I was give three choices of upgrade...and it looks like the upgrades allow for calendar syncing/sharing....not sure how they work but looks like if want to use hotmail/outlook account to sync with comcast.net or whatever...if available to do so...you have to pay to upgrade the basic hot mail/outlook account. I guess then you could sync those calendars to your iphone? Again not sure.
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 8 months ago

I understand.

I am looking into this for you.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

They keep sending emails wanting me to rate you...but the last you said you were still looking into the matter. I believe if I rate now it closes the conversation. Thanks Jeffrey for letting me know if you have run into a wall and are done..or are still looking into my issue.
Jeffrey B
Jeffrey B
Jeffrey B