Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

I WOULD LIKE TO BE "REINSTATED" TO YOUR CELL PHONE NETWORK.

Customer Question
I WOULD...

I WOULD LIKE TO BE "REINSTATED" TO YOUR CELL PHONE NETWORK. I GOT "UPDATED" FROM THE 1GTE PHONE , BUT SOMETHING HAPPENED (JANUARY). NEED TO KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE . THANK YOU SO MUCH ! WAYNE CHILDERS (*****@******.***) .

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

I DON'T REALLY KNOW (GOT A NEW ONE -SATELLITE 3 IN JANUARY) .

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I WANT TO GET REINSTATED . (NOT TROUBLESHOOTING) .

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?

NO , I JUST BACK ON ATT PHONE COMPANY .

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
8/5/2017
Cell Phone Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi Wayne, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
What phone network, or what phone service provider, or what phone carrier, were you with before and would you like to have service from on your new Satellite 3 phone, please?

ATT PHONE COMPANY .

If your new Satellite 3 phone is to be activated to an ATT account, go to this page, and follow instructions and links there:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1008711

If your new Satellite 3 phone has not gotten a SIM card for ATT Service yet, you will need one, and the instructions on that page will not yet apply, until you get such an ATT SIM card.

And, if your Satellite 3 phone was previously active and activated with ATT service in January, but has since become incapable of using ATT service owing to other factors e.g. non-payment to the ATT account, that is still yet something different.

Let me know which of these cases - or some other case - is your case, and I will advise as needed and appropriate.

I WAS ON ATT PHONE NETWORK , SOMETHING HAPPENED , NOT ON ATT NOW . I HAVE PHONE THAT ATT GAVE ME TO USE ON THE "HIGHER" NETWORK .

I'm not sure which network is 'higher', but was your Satellite 3 phone was with ATT before and working, or not working before this or no working yet?

THE PHONE HAD A SIM CARD , USED PHONE A FEW DAYS .

OK. That's a different case. Tell me what you hear when you try to dial a number, just any common local number. What tone, or what message, do you get? or do you get no dial tone at all to begin with?

Eric, Android Expert