Ashik, Cellphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

I depart, US, for the Island of Tortola, British Islands.

Customer Question

I depart Virginia, US, for the Island of Tortola, British Virgin Islands. What do I have to do to ensure my cell phone works there?
I depart this Wednesday, 26 July
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

There are several things you can do get your phone working on those places. Call your carrier network and ask them about international roaming plans. So you can get messages, calls etc on that country. Without an international roaming plan, you will not be able to make or receive calls, messages and use internet. Remember, roaming plans and charges are very costly.

Also, you should contact your carrier network and ask them to unlock your phone, so you can use local SIM card in those places in case if you don't want to activate costly roaming plans or prefer to use the networks in those places. If your phone is not locked to any particular carrier or under any contract, then it is probably already unlocked. But you should call your carrier network to make sure it is unlocked. They can unlock it for international uses.

These are the only things you have to do before leaving your country.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.