Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have already gifted my old iPhone 4 to a family member in

Customer Question

Hi - I have already gifted my old iPhone 4 to a family member in NZ. I bought an iPhone 7 and I live in Australia. Unfortunately I am not very tech savy and did not "clean" the old iPhone before gifting it. I think alot of what is on my iPhone 7 is still on the iPhone 4. How do the family member delete or clean the iPhone 4 (as above?) and would I still have all my information on my iPhone 7 and they are not able to have any of my information on the iPhone 4.
JA: No, you can ask a one off question to try things out.
Customer: Not with you with your answer
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Iphone 4 apple
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Like I said I am not very tech savy so just gifted the phone to a family member for them to sort out
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just all of the above and I cannot remember password ***** questions etc. to set it up
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I think that what you are looking for, or asking about, is a factory reset of the iPhone 4 - is that correct? that you would want to basically wipe everything off the iPhone 4 - ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
but I also have an iPhone 7 which mirrors all the information from iPhone 4. My question is if all is wiped from the iPhone 4 does it also wipe what I have on my iPhone 7 that I use?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There is no point in me calling as I do not have the iPhone 4 it is in NZ and I cannot remember any passwords etc. I am in Australia
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Russell, are you still there??

No: if the iPhone 4 is wiped, your iPhone 7 won't be. A lot of that information comes from 'online' or on a server 'out there' - for both phones. They are both similarly linked, but not linked to each other, you see.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated!

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)

Thanks.