Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

Lg sunset won't turn on. I took the battery out, held the

Customer Question
lg sunset won't turn on...
lg sunset won't turn on. I took the battery out, held the volume up button and power and kept holding for 6 seconds. The phone vibrated, but the screen remains black.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Why do you need the make and model of my TV? It has not had any problems in the past.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The phone wasn't receiving texts the past couple of days, so this morning I turned it off with the intent of restarting it, but it never turned back on. The only thing I have done so far is what I explained above.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
7/23/2017
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 3 months ago
Jeffrey B

Hello and welcome.

My name is***** will be assisting you today.

I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Did you still need assistance with your issue?

Kind regards,

Jeff

I do not need a phone call. We can do this through chat
Is anyone here?
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 3 months ago

Yes, I am here.

Do you get a respond when you put the power cable in the LG?

Kind regards,

Jeff

no
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 3 months ago

I understand.

Have you tried also the volume down + the power button?

Kind regards,

Jeff

I'm here. Let me try.
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 3 months ago

Great!

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

It flashed on for a second and then immediately turned off
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 3 months ago

I understand,

Can we please try:

holding down the "Power" button for about 20-30 seconds and then plug in the phone to charge.

Do you get a charging light?

Kind regards,

Jeff

No it doesn't.
Cell Phone Technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 3 months ago

I understand.

Can we please try the following:

1.Remove the phone battery, memory card and SIM
2.Press and hold the power button for 60 seconds
3.Put your battery on and charging it with USB cable, after 10 minutes, try to turn on again.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

It still doesn't work.
It has been a while. Is anyone still there?
It is late. I will check back Monday morning.
Cell Phone Technician: Josh, Technician replied 3 months ago
Josh, Technician

I apologize that you had to wait a long time for a response.

Do you still need help with your issue?

I appreciate your help. I am here at my computer and can stay right here to follow your suggestions. If you there is a long time lapse between your responses, I will just ask for my money back.
What do you suggest I try next?

Have you tried the volume buttons while the phone was plugged in?

I will try that now
The phone didn't do anything

Did you try the Volume Up option and the Volume Down option?

Is that not the same thing you just suggested?
Ok, I just pushed them alternately and then held them both at the same time and the phone came on. It has a picture of a battery charging, it is flashing and says 81% and the number increases.
I can't get the phone to do anything after that.

Okay, so it shows the battery is charging but it will not power on. Is that correct?

Hold down the Power button for 20 seconds

Does it power on?

no

How old is the phone?

between 1 to 2 years old. I have one just like it, it is at least a year older, and it works fine.
this is my son's phone that doesn't work

I understand -- Unfortunately, the phone will need to be repaired and it is outside of the warranty so the cost will be yours.

What kind of repairs does it need? Who repairs android phones?
What do you think is wrong with it?

You will need to find a local repair shop who deals with Android phones -- I am not sure of the exact issue with it; it will require a hands-on approach to find the issue.

OK Thank you

You're welcome!

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit

I just went onto a few other websites and found out which buttons turn the phone off, on, and how to factory reset the phone. I found that in 20 minutes, but was on justanswer for over a day and didn't get much.

We have provided to you the steps to perform a factory reset -- Were you pressing the wrong buttons?

Josh, Technician