Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

My battery completely died and won't charge. I have AT&T…

Customer Question
My battery completely died...

My battery completely died and won't charge. I have AT&T service with straight talk but unable to purchase the same service . All straight talk phones at my local Walmart just carry Verizon. That service doesn't work at my location. AT&T phones will but still would like to keep my straight talk account. Is that possible?

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

2 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

My phone got really hot during the day. I was on the phone when it shut down. battery had a charge . Now it won't even charge or turn on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?

Just would like to keep my service with you with AT&T not verizon

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cell Phones
7/20/2017
Cell Phone Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Why not just replace the battery? it's quite possible that overheating (and aging) simply caused your phone's battery to fail. And replacing a battery should be easy enough, I hope. Tell me what maker and model your phone is, and I will advise you in detail as to this hopefully easy and inexpensive solution to the problem you are asking about.

Use 'Reply To Expert' to let me know, please.