Nathan, Customer Service
Experience:  Expert with smartphones, iphone
59725966

How can I get the incoming calls to ring more than 30

Customer Question

how can I get the incoming calls to ring more than 30 seconds before going to voice mail?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Just got it for Christmas. We are an older couple and technology challenged. We also can't get to the phone quickly enough with only 30 seconds. We have an LG smart phone but we still don't know how to use it.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried calling QVC where we bought it They said to call Tracfone. No help either place. Tried calling LG and they said the carrier is the one to make those kinds of changes. So I'm calling you as the carrier for Tracfone.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not unless they can impart great knowledge about smart phones in my brain.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

What is the model of your LG phone?

It sounds like you are using tracphone as the carrier. Just to be clear, this is a paid 3rd party support service here, but tracphone really has no support of their own.

Do you know what calling plan you are on with tracphone?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have no idea. I think the model number is ***** but I'm not sure. Serial number is ***** if that helps.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We are an older couple and are technology challenged. Just got these things for Christmas and still not sure how to use them.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for the information,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Tracfone tells me they use Verizon as the carrier for my smartphone.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

There are 2 ways to try to resolve this,

the number of rings is a setting in the tracphone voicemail system, so that is where it has to be adjusted.

You can try to do this yoruself by following these steps:

Press *#61# ***** the phone's keypad and press "Send."

Write down the phone number that is displayed, because it may be different than your cellphone number. This screen should also display the number of seconds your phone is set to ring before going to voicemail. Press "Cancel" to return to the main screen.

Press *61 followed by +1 and the 10-digit number from the previous step. Do not press "Send" yet.

Press 11 followed by the number of seconds you want the phone to ring, such as 20 for a 20-second ring time.

Press # to finish the sequence and press "Send." Your settings should now be changed. You can dial *#61# ***** press "Send" to check the settings.

However, this doesn't work on all phone models. If it does not in your case, then you'd instead call(###) ###-####and they can adjust it for you in the tracphone server.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I got that same instruction on the Internet and it didn't work. Tracfone is not very helpful. I already called them twice. Guess it just can't be done. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

It does not work on all phones unfortunately and you are correct tracphone is not helpful, which is why the service is such a low cost.

They are the only ones that can change it.

You could consider moving your service to another provider though, such as net10 or straighttalk, the same phone should work with them you just need a simcard change.