GeekGal
GeekGal, Cell Phone Support Specialist
Experience:  15+ years of experience with cell phones ( iPhones, Android phones, & Windows phones)
76665483

My 93 yr old mother-in-law keeps hitting the 5* (red

Customer Question

My 93 yr old mother-in-law keeps hitting the 5* (red emergency button my mistake. She doesn't need the emergency button because she's in an Assisted Care facility with their own emerncy button she wears around her neck. How do we disable the 5* button?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It the latest Jitterbug flip phone, Great call turned off the feature to call them but it still calls 911
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We just bought the phone this weekend She broke her old phone w/o a red button and now they don't make those anymore, Since her stroke she clutches everything and pushes the button by mistake
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you. It sounds as though your Mom is signed up for the Health & Safety Package, With this package, when press the red 5Star button you are automatically connected to a 5Star Agent. The 5Star Agent will assess the situation, confirm your location using GPS and connect you to emergency services if you need it. If you cancel that part of the service, she will be asked if she would like to be connected directly to 9-1-1 services when the 5Star button is pressed. She can Press “YES” if yshe would like to call 9-1-1 or “NO” if she would like to hang up.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

To cancel the Health & Services package or to make other changes to your plan, you can 1-***-***-**** or visit https://www.greatcall.com/support and click on MYGREATCALL to login and make changes.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully, I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2nG6XLy and ask for GeekGal. Have a great evening!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

.