Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

I was sent a new tracfone just before the end of 2016. I

Customer Question
called tracfone to carry my...
I was sent a new tracfone just before the end of 2016. I called tracfone to carry my old number over to my new phone. My old number was(###) ###-#### My new phone serial number is ***** 435 461 213 868 385. When I went to use the phone it kept referring me to a third party phone system When I check mysettings it says my phone number is(###) ###-#### How can this problem be solved?
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: The phone TracFone sent me is new. My old phone was out od date according to Tracfone. They said I had to transfer THE NUMBER BEFROE THE END OF THE YEAR.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I HAVE TRIED TO CALL FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND iT KEEPS REFERRING ME TO Verizon OR OTHER PHONE COMPANIES. I HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT tRACfONE ON A FRIENDS PHONE BUT KEEP BEINNG DROPPED.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i NEED THIS PHONE TO CONTACT FRIENDS IN Canada . AI KNOW IF i CALL THE SPECIAL NUMBER AND THEN THEIR NUMBER IT SHOULD GO THROUGH. bUT SO FAR i HAVE NOT BEEN SUCCESSFUKL
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cell Phones
1/4/2017
Cell Phone Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My phone number in my settings still shows(###) ###-####which is incorrect. The phone appears useless so go to another provider unless you have an easy solution.

Ok, you will need to contact TracFone customer service on ***-***-****

or use the contact form at: http://www.tracfone.com/case_select_action.jsp

--------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need further assistance.
Pete.
-----------

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Pete, Electronic Engineer