Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I was sent a new tracfone just before the end of 2016. I

Customer Question

I was sent a new tracfone just before the end of 2016. I called tracfone to carry my old number over to my new phone. My old number was(###) ###-#### My new phone serial number is ***** 435 461 213 868 385. When I went to use the phone it kept referring me to a third party phone system When I check mysettings it says my phone number is(###) ###-#### How can this problem be solved?
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: The phone TracFone sent me is new. My old phone was out od date according to Tracfone. They said I had to transfer THE NUMBER BEFROE THE END OF THE YEAR.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I HAVE TRIED TO CALL FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND iT KEEPS REFERRING ME TO Verizon OR OTHER PHONE COMPANIES. I HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT tRACfONE ON A FRIENDS PHONE BUT KEEP BEINNG DROPPED.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i NEED THIS PHONE TO CONTACT FRIENDS IN Canada . AI KNOW IF i CALL THE SPECIAL NUMBER AND THEN THEIR NUMBER IT SHOULD GO THROUGH. bUT SO FAR i HAVE NOT BEEN SUCCESSFUKL
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My phone number in my settings still shows(###) ###-####which is incorrect. The phone appears useless so go to another provider unless you have an easy solution.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Ok, you will need to contact TracFone customer service on ***-***-****

or use the contact form at: http://www.tracfone.com/case_select_action.jsp

--------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need further assistance.
Pete.
-----------

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.