Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

Morning: I-phone 7 brand new, everything I know to do.cannot

Customer Question
morning: JA: What's the make/model of...
morning:
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I-phone 7 brand new
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: everything I know to do.cannot access internet.security recommendationkeeps coming up.asking me to goto WPA2q
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: all the other features are great.my router is J8C88 wep is1801D2F7F3
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
12/31/2016
Cell Phone Technician: Randy***** CellTech, Cell Phone Technician replied 10 months ago
Randy***** CellTech
Randy***** CellTech, Cell Phone Technician

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

You can reply to me here by typing in the box below please.

Does the name of your wifi network appear in the list of available networks on the iPhone?

If yes, what is the brand /model of your wifi modem?

Actiontec M1424-we rev D
Texting is fine!

Okay, your MI424
FiOS Router should have a label
one side of the unit.You
should see a label that shows
the wireless settings for the Router including ESSID,WEP Key.

The SSID is the network name, and the wep key is the wifi password.

Do you see that label?

Essid J8C88
Wep 1801d2f7f3

Please try this on your iPhone, follow these steps>

Tap Settings.
Tap General.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings.

You will get a prompt warning you that this option will delete all network settings and return them to factory default settings. Tap Reset to continue.
Wait while your iPhone resets its network settings.

Once the reset process is done, your network settings will return to its factory default settings. Your iPhone will also automatically restart. Then try reconnecting your iPhone to the network again and make sure to enter the wep key exactly as it is on the label, caps and lower case letters have to be entered exactly as they are on the label.

Did that work for you?

Did as you suggested!
Back to square one:
Security recommendation with a check mark appears with access locked??
Is this an Apple issue??

Not sure. I will open the question.

Okay!
Thanks.
Any feedback about my issue??
Can you change my network to
WPA??
Cell Phone Technician: technicalcat, Engineer replied 10 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Engineer

Hello, and thank you for using this service.
I will help you now.

If you have a computer connected to your router, I could remote in and work to fix this problem with your network settings and iphone. Would you like remote services?

Let's try?
technicalcat
technicalcat
technicalcat, Engineer