derrickonline
derrickonline, Information Technology Manager
Experience:  15 years of information technology experience, including mobile computing devices.
22792886

Need to transfer minutes and days from one trac phone to

Customer Question

Need to transfer minutes and days from one trac phone to another.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: Pretty old. I have transferred the phone from Trac Phone to T Mobile but my husband still has a Trac Phone which we would like to keep and transfer the minutes, etc. Thanks
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Called trac fine and they were very helpful. My kids bought me an I Phone for Christmas and put me under their plan. Trac fone representative helped a lot but just today my phone was transferred to their account. I wanted to keep the same number.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is about it.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  derrickonline replied 9 months ago.
  • What is a phone transfer?

A transfer is when you wish to transfer your phone number and minutes from one TracFone to another.

• I just bought a new TracFone. How do I transfer my phone?

In order to transfer your phone, go to the "Activate/Reactivate Phone" button on our website and then select the option that you need. You can also contact our Customer Care Center at 1-***-***-**** so that a representative can transfer that information for you. Please note that when you complete a phone upgrade from a smartphone to a non-smartphone, you will not be able to transfer any remaining minutes in your account, so you will lose those minutes.

• If I buy a new TracFone, can I transfer my remaining minutes and phone number to the new phone?

Yes, you can transfer the minutes and phone number into your new TracFone by going to the TracFone main page and clicking on the "Activate/Reactivate Phone" button. Then, select the option that you need (phone, SIM, or Bring Your Own Phone CDMA). You can also contact our Customer Care Center at 1-***-***-**** so that a representative can transfer that information for you. Please note that when you complete a phone upgrade from a smartphone to a non-smartphone, you will not be able to transfer any remaining minutes in your account, so you will lose those minutes.

• If I currently have a TracFone smartphone and want to transfer to a non-smartphone, will I be able to transfer my remaining minutes to my new phone?

No. When you complete a phone transfer from a smartphone to a non-smartphone, you will not be able to transfer any remaining minutes from your old phone (so you will have to forfeit those minutes), but you do get to keep your service days.