Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

Why is 87424 showing up on my usage report, new iphone 7,

Customer Question
why is 87424 showing up...
why is 87424 showing up on my usage report
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: new iphone 7
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: its saying im sending and receiving texts from this 5 digit number what is it like a texting app or something
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/22/2016
Cell Phone Technician: Samuel White, Cell Phone Technician replied 12 months ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Cell Phone Technician

I am Samuel and I will help you. Give me a moment to review.

ok hello?
I'd rather just chat right here

This is a short code message. Typically they are ads for a company asking you to "opt in to some option or service. I could not see the specific company but below is the information available:

Short Code Campaign Information

Campaign Name:ITAS Ads2funds

Campaign Type:One-Off

Campaign URL:Not Provided

Campaign Status:Active

Campaign Terms & Conditions:Not Provided

Campaign Support Phone Number:1(###) ###-####/p>

Campaign Support Email Address***@******.***

Campaign Description:

The SMS short code 87424, is being used by ITAS. The dedicated short code number 87424, is currently registered in the U.S. with the Common Short Code Administration (CSCA), and is a non-vanity short code being used by ITAS. For more information about the short code 87424, text HELP to 87424, or contact their short code customer support at either***@******.*** or 1(###) ###-#### Did you receive a text message from 87424, and you wish to unsubscribe? You can unsubscribe from ITAS text messages by texting "STOP" to 87424.

Eric, Android Expert